Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Simple and Fast Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry


Hello!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's been a tough day for me. I'm always busiest the first two days of the week and then by Wednesday my week starts getting easier. Today everything was just getting to me. I like to pretend that I am tough and that I take every day as it is. I pretend that I can go with the flow and that little things won't get to me. That's just not reality.

There was really no particular event that made today harder than any other Tuesday. It was just a lot of little things that kept adding up. I had to film for my journalism class and my camera kept messing up, no one wanted to be interviewed, and I was rushing to be on time to everything today. I did my regular morning run but then I failed to make my quiet time with God. Honestly, I think that's why my day was so much more stressful than usual.

Thankfully, one of my afternoon classes was canceled so I was able to get my second run and workout in earlier today! I went to the gym at my apartment and busted out four more miles and a short whole body lifting workout. The best part about it was that I was able to jam out to some Christian music and just have some quiet time to pray and think to myself. No one else was at the gym so it was basically my own personal fitness center.


I had night class today and some of the girls on my team invited me to Chick-Fil-A for dinner so I met them beforehand. Now I know Chick-Fil-A is not the "healthiest" but it's all about balance! I also haven't hung out with my girls in a while so it was necessary.


Obviously this post is not about what I ate at Chick-Fil-A. The recipe here is a really easy throw together meal that I make for dinner when I am out of food but still trying to get my veggies and grains in. Since it is such a throw together meal I don't usually measure things out.


It's a simple stir-fry with frozen green peans and broccoli in a teriyaki sauce. The teriyaki sauce is from Aldi and it is delicious I totally recommend it. I use my rice cooker to make whatever rice I have laying around and I usually always have chicken on hand so I add that in for the protein. I first cook the chicken in the teriyaki sauce, then I add the cooked rice, broccoli, and green beans. I add some more teriyaki sauce and salt and pepper and cook on high for about six more minutes. It is super easy and a great meal on my busy days (when I'm not eating Chick-Fil-A).







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates