Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Raspberry Chicken Salad



Hi everyone!

I hope your week is going well!

This is my first week back after spring break and I have to say it's kind of hard getting back into the swing of things.

Our first outdoor home track meet was this weekend so my parents drove up at watched me. I ran the 2k steeplechase as my season opener. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't great. I'm looking to improve a lot in the 3k steeplechase this weekend.


I took advantage of my parents being here and made them take me grocery shopping. We went to Winn-Dixie and I got all my food for the week. I'm really trying to eat more vegetables and fruit so that's mainly what was in my cart. As you can see I got two packets of mixed greens, so of course salads are on the menu for the week.

Speaking of salads, I made one just last night with chicken breast and raspberry vinaigrette. It was delicious and so easy to throw together. I made sweet potato fries to go as a side with some ketchup and then devoured everything.

Here is the recipe:

Preheat oven to 450. Peel sweet potato and cut into thin strips. Toss in bowl with 1 tsp of olive oil, and 1 tsp of each paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. (In all honesty I never measure things out but this should be a rough estimate). Spread aluminum foil on baking sheet and then spread the sweet potatoes evenly on the sheet. Cook for 30 minutes.

Add a tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and turn the stove top burner on to medium heat. Pat dry two chicken breasts and season with paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder. (You can use whatever spices you want I just kind of threw whatever I had in the cabinet on the chicken). Cook each side 7/8 minutes or until it's no longer pink in the middle if you cut into it.

Let the chicken cool a bit and then cut into bite size pieces. Throw onto a bed of mixed greens and add raspberry vinaigrette, fresh raspberries, pecan pieces, and shredded parmesan cheese. Put the sweet potato fries on a plate and add ketchup. Trust me you won't regret it, ketchup makes everything better. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates