Monday, March 5, 2018

Weekend Recap: What's in my Cart and Home!


Hello Everyone!

Can you guys believe it is already March?! I feel like this year is going by so fast! Our outdoor season is starting in a few weeks and Spring Break is coming up soon. I know that during school the year goes by fast because I get caught up doing homework and sometimes living assignment to assignment. Does anyone else do this, like accidentally let their life go by because they focus too much on school? Sadly, I am definitely a culprit of this.

Sometimes I have to tell myself to stop, take a breath, and enjoy the small things. This weekend was just what I needed. I decided to take advantage of the break between track seasons to visit my parents and go home to Ocala. I also went with Chris to visit his parents in Tampa and meet his mom for the first time.

It was a great weekend and I really missed my parents, but we also did a lot of driving. I'm glad we did though because even if it is just for a little while it is important to spend time with the people who love you.

In Tampa, I went with Chris and his dad to this cute little flee market down the street from their house. We walked through all the aisles and even saw some old military memorabilia that Chris loved. When we got back his mom was making fruit pizza for a dinner party we were going to that night. Let me tell you, this fruit pizza was the most amazing dessert I have ever had. It was so light and yummy! She even let us decorate it! I will be making it later this week and include the recipe for you guys.


After that we relaxed at the house and played with their adorable dog Breely before going to dinner. I'm glad we went to Tampa because I was able to meet a lot of people that are important in Chris's life.


On Sunday, I went to brunch with my sister and her boyfriend and their new golden retriever puppy Scout! Scout is such a rascal, but he's too cute to do anything about it. He loves his pizza just as much as I do. We ate at First Watch, which is one of my favorite breakfast restaurants. They have healthy food that's not too expensive and their coffee is delicious.


I ate the protein packed pancakes while Rachel had avocado toast and honestly I forgot what Zach ate.


Later that day I was able to go to Publix with my mom to get my grocery shopping done for the week. I am so thankful that she paid for my groceries! Guys take care of your moms and they will take care of you!


It was quite expensive because it was from Publix, but here is the list of what I got for the week:

  1. eggs
  2. natural bliss creamer 
  3. frozen beat veggie spirals 
  4. frozen cauliflower rice
  5. frozen blackberries 
  6. fresh strawberries 
  7. three bell peppers 
  8. a head of broccoli 
  9. sandwich thins honey wheat bread 
  10. four RX bars
  11. chicken breasts
  12. salmon 
  13. a mix of nuts 
  14. spring mix lettuce mix 
  15. peanut butter 
  16. bandaids and contact solution 
This is quite a lot of food and should keep me happy for at least a week and a half. Next weeks "what's in my cart" will probably be much smaller than this. 


After Publix my family and Chris and I sat on our driveway relaxing. My dog peanut enjoyed his time outside as well. This appeared to be the weekend for the dogs! The weather was beautiful the entire time and I was able to get some needed family time in. I hope you guys had a good weekend as well and would love to hear about it! Feel free to comment on ways that you like to relax on the weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates