Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins for a Fast and Easy Morning



Is anyone ever in a hurry in the morning? Seven days out of seven I am in a hurry. I generally run every day and most of the time it’s in the morning, if I’m not running I’m going to my internship or class. But I also love to sleep. This makes it really hard to get a sufficient and nutritious breakfast in. 

I believe breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It helps keep you fueled and happy for the rest of the day and if you eat one that’s big enough you won’t have as many cravings in between meals. I mean just think, you go from not consuming anything for 8 hours to needing your body to function, and preferably function well. If you don’t give it enough energy how can you expect to function well? 

These banana muffins are just what I need to help give me a head start to my breakfast. Of course, that’s not all I eat, especially not after working out. But if I just fry up some eggs and veggies and grab a muffin I’ll be good for another three/four hours. They just give me that extra kick and are so yummy!

Here is the recipe! It’s super simple and if you’re like me you’re bound to have a few bananas laying around that are a touch too brown for general consumption. 

1 stick of butter 
1 cup of granulated sugar 
3 small mashed bananas 
2 eggs 
1 tsp of vinella extract 
2 cups of flour 
1 tsp of baking powder 
1/2 tsp of salt 
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan. Mash the bananas to the consistency you want. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, and vinella extract and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and then spoon into the muffin pan. Cook for 17 minutes of until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

There are so many variations to banana bread that you guys should feel free to play around! You can add blueberries instead of chocolate chip or even your favorite type of nuts! I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates