Sunday, February 4, 2018

Tacos and a Busy Weekend

This weekend has been one of those weekends where life never stops moving. It started with an indoor track meet at the JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The meet itself was a great experience. I ran my second 3k of the season and ran a personal best at 10:12 and I won my heat! While winning my heat was great I still only placed 10th overall. It is so important to enjoy the little victories in life, but also to remember that you can't slack on the hard work. 




While the meet went great and my team came home with around ten personal records the journey home was absolutely awful. Our bus became stuck while driving up a hill into the track facility parking lot so we didn't get on the road back to Florida until 11 p.m. and we didn't arrive home until 6  a.m. the next morning. It's safe to say it was a bonding moment for us all.


After this long crazy weekend I was blessed by my boyfriend, Chris, who took me to the Jacksonville Symphony. We enjoyed some beautiful music and an overall great time. With this weekend being quite busy, and a little bit stressful, the best thing I could come up with to cook was some tacos. 

Tacos are the easiest thing to make and my go to when I'm feeling drained. I just bought some lean ground beef from Publix and some taco seasoning and threw it together. I always top my tacos with salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Tacos are another extremely customizable food! What do you guys like to put on your tacos? 


While I made the most basic tacos for this post my goal is to make brisket tacos one day! There is a delicious restaurant called Tacolu in my city and they have the BEST brisket tacos. I will update you guys as soon as I make them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates