Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Wednesday in the Word #1

Have you ever felt lost, unbalanced and out of control? I have many times in my life. I started atypical appetite for one of my classes in college, but it turns out that this blog is actually a joy to manage and create content for. As I continue to write and create this blog I can't help but think that it is a waste to talk about living a healthy balanced lifestyle without talking about the One who ultimately gives me balance.

For this reason, I have decided to introduce Wednesdays in the Word. I will be blogging about one thing that the Word of God has taught me and that I think may help others. I am by no means perfect. I may get things wrong and may say something you disagree with. This is a learning process and I am constantly growing in my relationship with God. I simply want to share some of the things he teaches me. I hope you come along for the journey! I am always open for advice and suggestions!

Of course, food will be the main focus of this blog. But, every week you can look forward to Wednesdays in the Word. I will tie my lifestyle advice and updates about running into these posts as well.

The first Wednesday in the Word is based around the song Clarity by For All Seasons. It came up on my spotify playlist a few days ago and I have been obsessed with it every since. As a control freak it is so easy for me to feel like my life is spiraling away. I like to control every little thing. Especially when it comes to my future. I am not someone who easily goes with the flow. Anyone else like this?

I love this song because it makes me think of Luke 12.
Luke 12:22-26
“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"
The bible basically tells us not to worry about the future, what we will eat or what we will wear. It tells us that God takes care of the animals and that they need not worry so why do we. I take so much comfort in this because it is a promise that God will take care of us. When life is out of control he won't forget me.

If you are feeling like your life is out of control remember that God is in control. When we learn to have an atypical appetite and hunger for the things of God we will ultimately be able to trust that He is in control. Don't worry this isn't easy and I'm learning just as you are! Feel free to share anything you've learned about letting go of control in your life. I would love to hear about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates