Thursday, February 15, 2018

Quinoa Asparagus Taco Bowl


This past week in Florida has been so depressing. Every day has been rainy, overcast and just overall miserable. I miss my beautiful sunshine state. On Tuesday, to combat this awful weather I decided to make as bright and sunny of a dish as I could. Hence, the quinoa asparagus taco bowl! 


I have been trying to eat as many different types of vegetables as I can because I want to boost my immune system. After getting the flu for a week I want to do everything I can to stay healthy. I've never liked asparagus, but I'm always open to trying things again. As you can see I buried my asparagus in cheddar cheese in my attempts to make it yummy, and it worked! The asparagus was delicious!

Another boring food is quinoa. But, if you simply spice it up a little bit quinoa is also delicious. I used salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder to give my quinoa that taco meat flavoring. I also got my protein in by adding a frozen black bean burger to my bowl. To add some more heat I also poured in medium salsa, and to make it brighter for the picture.  


This taco bowl was just what I needed! It was delicious and it was so bright, happy and warm. I can't wait for summer and beach days but to get through the rest of this winter I will just keep making yummy taco bowls.

Also track update! This weekend we are at Liberty University for the ASUN indoor conference meet! I will be running in the distance medley relay and the 5k so wish me luck! I will update everyone on how it goes in next weeks post!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates